This tutorial illustrates the social media shields supported by 1Sheeld.
If this is your first time using 1Sheeld, we recommend you start with the getting started tutorial first to know how to use 1Sheeld.
Social media shields allow you to use your Arduino board to access your favorite social media applications, using your smartphone as a channel between them.
Social Media shields List:
It is now easy to deal with the social media shields, with few line of codes you could make marvelous applications. First you have to login in the 1Sheeld application by pressing the menu button and login.
If you want to use Twitter, you open 1Sheeld app, select Twitter shield, open the menu and press login. It will redirect you to Twitter app where you login using your account username and password.
It will then direct you back to 1Sheeld app, you will see that you are logged in.
- Get your Arduino board and place 1Sheeld on top of it (check 1Sheeld Adjustment Tutorial).
- Connect a push button to pin 12 on your board.
- Plug the Arduino board to your PC.
- Use Codebender.cc to compile and upload the sketch.
- Upload the sketch (make sure the switch on 1Sheeld is in the uploading mode).
- Switch 1Sheeld back to the communication mode.
- Open 1Sheeld app and connect to your 1Sheeld.
- Choose the Twitter shield.
- Press the hardware button to post your Tweet.